So back in January I joined a mystery knitalong – a Downton Abbey mystery knitalong.
I started it a few days after the first episode, and in fact finished it a few days after the last episode. But just got Larry to take the photos on Sunday.
The instructions mentioned measuring your forearms and adjusting the stitch count if necessary. I have scrawny arms, and so I cast on a few less than instructed. As you can see, the gauntlets are still quite generously sized, if not a little too big around the arms. But the hand and thumb parts fit beautifully which is the important thing.
I can short of the handpainted yarn just as I was about to pick up the provisional cast-on for the cuff, but luckily I found a coordinating yarn in my stash of scrap, and I actually like the contrast effect.
These are obviously too long to be worn with a coat, so I will keep them in my desk at work for those days when the office is a bit chilly. Which is like, three times a week in winter and every single day when the A/C is on.