Skip to content


March 6, 2011

Larry and the boys are spending the afternoon at his mother’s house; they left a little after noon.  It’s 4pm now, and I have an appointment with the tax guy at 5.

I had the house to myself for the first time in MONTHS.  Literally.  And unlike the last time, when I puttered around mostly aimlessly, today I’ve been very productive.

I did yoga.

I emptied, refilled, and ran the dishwasher.

I sorted through Alistair’s clothing and put aside the stuff that no longer fits him.

Then I did the same with Larson’s clothes, with the additional step of putting Alistair’s hand-me-downs in the next size up in his dresser.

I emptied all the stuff out of the co-sleeper, and tried to fold it up.  Can’t do it, so Larry will have to finish the job when he comes home.

Posted the co-sleeper and the breast pump to craigslist.  Still nursing, but haven’t pumped in a long while, so it might as well go too.  Craigslist lets things sit for a week, so if there are no takers by then I’ll donate them both to the local family network.

Took a shower. In which I was so caught up in the moment that I used bodywash for the first time in almost a month.  I can’t rightly say my skin feels markedly worse than it usually does, but I will say that I’m no longer used to the fragrance – I can’t get the smell out of my nose.

All in total silence.  It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes, doing these things without the television or videogames – or both – in the background.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: