Skip to content

2010.05.04

May 4, 2010

The boil-water restriction was lifted early this morning, thank goodness.  At the end of it all we used less than a case of bottled water, so it could have been a lot worse.

The other heretofore-unmentioned project that was completed over the weekend was the sweater for my niece.  At last.

The pattern calls for two pairs of I-cord at the neckline, but I’m leaning more towards a couple of small buttons and loops instead.  Or nothing at all.  Haven’t really decided yet.

All things considered, it wasn’t a bad project by any means – it’s adorable.  Just the long fields of plain stockinette had me ripping my hair out, but that’s a completely personal thing.

With that behind me, I was able to cast on for a baby blanket.  Although I didn’t touch it for a few days after casting on, I did pick it up last night and put a reasonable dent in it.  Since it’s made with bulky yarn and size 13 needles, I imagine it will go fairly quickly.

I don’t have any pictures of the work in progress yet, but I do have a photo of the yarn for you.

It’s Berroco Peruvia Quick, and the colorway is called ‘Dragon’.  I love its subtle mix of green, blue and brown.  It actually reminds me a lot of the Cascade 220 I used for Liesl.

Hopefully I’ll have an in-progress photo for you in the next few days.  And also hopefully, I’ll have this done before May 26th, and be able to knock out a Christmas hat in the interim.  Maybe two…

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: